Basic 1200 Calorie Diet
The Basic 1,200 Calorie Diet is a type of diet that, due to its low amount of calories and depending on each person's metabolism, can help you lose any extra weight. This diet is a basic example on how to design a very low calorie diet. It specifies when certain types of food should be eaten (first or second course) but you can decide what food you want to have depending on your personal taste or needs.
- Tea or coffee with skimmed milk
- Six plain biscuits or 150 grams of fresh fruit
Lunch and Dinner First Course:
- 300 grams of vegetables - cooked as wished
- 100 grams of cooked potatoes
- 1 cup of broth with no fat
- Green salad - as wished
- 100 grams of meat (preferably white meat) grilled or cooked in the oven
- 200 grams of fish (grilled, in the oven or cooked in greaseproof paper or foil
- 2 eggs cooked as wished but with a very small amount of oil
- 75 grams of ham with no fat
- 150 grams of fresh fruit
- 25 grams of bread
Important tips: If you want the 1,200 calorie diet to be fully effective you must remember that you are only allowed a maximum of 5 grams of olive oil a day. As regards to meat, you can have the type of meat you wish as long as it is lean meat. Furthermore, you can have fish a maximum of 3 times a week, preferably bluefish. The weights refer to clean and raw food. It is important to avoid sports drinks, sweet drinks or alcohol. The best option is to drink 2 liters of water approximately every day as it will help reduce body fat and it will clean your body. The best option is to drink about 2 liters of water daily as it helps reduce body fat and clean. Finally, since this is a very radical calorie diet, it is important to follow this diet after the approval of a specialist and to be monitored. The diet might not have enough nutrients to keep your body healthy. As just mentioned, this lack of nutrients must be controlled as it could cause major disruption to your physical and mental health if you do not follow the diet correctly or if you are not monitored by a specialist.